This Saturday, April 29 is the Sandy Hook, Monmouth County, New Jersey field trip with our New Jersey NABA Chapter. Participants will meet 9:30am at the Horseshoe Cove Parking Lot [DeLorme 39, M-19] (Note Change in Meeting Place). Take Exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway, then Route 36 for about 13 miles to Sandy Hook. The Horseshoe Cove Parking Lot is on the right about 3 miles N of the entrance to the Hook. Stay in the left hand lane as you pass the right hand turnoff for Atlantic Drive (signified by All Beach Parking sign). Then exit right is just north of this right hand turnoff. There are restroom facilities next to Parking Lots B, C, D and E on the right hand side after you pass the entrance to the Hook. Hoped for species include Henry’s Elfin, Juniper Hairstreak, and Gray Hairstreak. Leader: Jim Springer
Help support NABA and our conservation work by becoming a member today! More importantly, your membership support helps NABA conserve butterflies and their habitats throughout North America, both by direct action, and by educating the public about the importance of butterflies and their habitats: https://membership.naba.org/
Note: We are unable to send publications and notices by mail outside of the United States; international members will want to choose the Digital Only option.
Additionally, all members receive:
- A welcome packet that includes a welcome letter and order form for past American Butterflies issues, so you won’t miss any of their fantastic content.
- The satisfaction that you are contributing to butterfly habitats and education!
If you choose a family membership, all immediate members of your family will be members of the North American Butterfly Association and receive all benefits of membership including supporting butterfly conservation and being able to attend biannual members meetings. Families are entitled to receive a single print copy of NABA publications per issue.
- Saturday, September 24, 2022 – Ken Wilson – San Diego County, CA September 29, 2022Ken Wilson Location: The desert, mountains, and near the ocean but mostly Anza Borrego DSP San Diego County, CA Sunny, high of 95 in the desert. Species Cloudless Sulphur (+) Sleepy Orange (+) Gray Hairstreak (+) Leda Ministreak (+) Western Pygmy-Blue (+) Ceraunus Blue (+) Dotted Blue (+) Acmon Blue (+) Mormon Metalmark (+) Palmer's […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Wednesday, September 28, 2022 – Jim Wilkinson – Howard County, MD September 29, 2022Jim Wilkinson Location: West Friendship Park Howard County, MD Species Cabbage White (20) Clouded Sulphur (3) Orange Sulphur (10) Eastern Tailed-Blue (6) Variegated Fritillary (5) Meadow Fritillary (14) Pearl Crescent (5) Eastern Comma (1) American Lady (1) Common Buckeye (12) Red-spotted Purple (1) Monarch (3) Fiery Skipper (1) Peck's Skipper (1) Sachem (8) Images Meadow […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Tuesday, September 27, 2022 – Steven Glynn – Cochise County, AZ September 29, 2022Steven Glynn Location: Scotia Canyon- Parker Canyon areas Cochise County, AZ Species Pipevine Swallowtail (6) Giant Swallowtail (1) Checkered White (2) Orange Sulphur (2) Southern Dogface (7) Cloudless Sulphur (common) Mexican Yellow (6) Tailed Orange (common) Dainty Sulphur (7) Gray Hairstreak (3) Leda Ministreak (2) Marine Blue (8) Ceraunus Blue (5) Reakirt's Blue (6) Spring […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)