This Saturday, April 29 is the Sandy Hook, Monmouth County, New Jersey field trip with our New Jersey NABA Chapter. Participants will meet 9:30am at the Horseshoe Cove Parking Lot [DeLorme 39, M-19] (Note Change in Meeting Place). Take Exit 117 off the Garden State Parkway, then Route 36 for about 13 miles to Sandy Hook. The Horseshoe Cove Parking Lot is on the right about 3 miles N of the entrance to the Hook. Stay in the left hand lane as you pass the right hand turnoff for Atlantic Drive (signified by All Beach Parking sign). Then exit right is just north of this right hand turnoff. There are restroom facilities next to Parking Lots B, C, D and E on the right hand side after you pass the entrance to the Hook. Hoped for species include Henry’s Elfin, Juniper Hairstreak, and Gray Hairstreak. Leader: Jim Springer
Help support NABA and our conservation work by becoming a member today! More importantly, your membership support helps NABA conserve butterflies and their habitats throughout North America, both by direct action, and by educating the public about the importance of butterflies and their habitats: https://membership.naba.org/
Note: We are unable to send publications and notices by mail outside of the United States; international members will want to choose the Digital Only option.
Additionally, all members receive:
- A welcome packet that includes a welcome letter and order form for past American Butterflies issues, so you won’t miss any of their fantastic content.
- The satisfaction that you are contributing to butterfly habitats and education!
If you choose a family membership, all immediate members of your family will be members of the North American Butterfly Association and receive all benefits of membership including supporting butterfly conservation and being able to attend biannual members meetings. Families are entitled to receive a single print copy of NABA publications per issue.
- Friday, July 30, 2021 – Penelope Stritch – Berkeley County, WV July 31, 2021Penelope Stritch Location: Edward Drive Berkeley County, WV Species Zebra Swallowtail (1) Black Swallowtail (1) Cabbage White (6) American Copper (1) Banded Hairstreak (1) Juniper Hairstreak (2) White M Hairstreak (2) Gray Hairstreak (1) Red-banded Hairstreak (3) Eastern Tailed-Blue (7) Spring Azure (2) Variegated Fritillary (1) Pearl Crescent (1) Red-spotted Purple (1) Monarch (1) Silver-spotted […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Friday, July 30, 2021 – Melissa Bruesehoff – Macomb County, MI July 30, 2021Melissa Bruesehoff Location: Warren Macomb County, MI Less humid. Temp around 74 in the afternoon. There were 5 Monarchs flying in the butterfly garden. These 3 male and 2 female Monarchs came out of chrysalides this morn. Species Black Swallowtail (1) Cabbage White (7) Monarch (5) Silver-spotted Skipper (1)North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Friday, July 30, 2021 – Jim Wilkinson – Howard County, MD July 30, 2021Jim Wilkinson Location: Elkhorn Garden Plots, Columbia Howard County, MD Species Black Swallowtail (2) Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (3) Spicebush Swallowtail (2) Cabbage White (common) Orange Sulphur (3) Eastern Tailed-Blue (1) Variegated Fritillary (6) Pearl Crescent (1) Silver-spotted Skipper (3) Fiery Skipper (4) Little Glassywing (2) Sachem (15) Images Fiery SkipperNorth American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)