Saturday, May 6 – Pine Barrens, Ocean County. Meet 9:30am at Lucille’s Diner on Route 539 in Warren Grove [DeLorme 57:M-24]. Those who want to eat breakfast there arrive earlier!! Take the Garden State Parkway to Exit 69.Then take CR 532 West (Wells Mill Road) for several miles to where it meets Route 72. Cross over Route 72 onto CR 610 (still Wells Mill Road) and travel for 2+ miles to Route 539. Turn left on Route 539 and go about a mile to Lucille’s in Warren Grove. Hoped for butterflies include Hoary Elfin, Pine Elfin, Brown Elfin, Hessel’s Hairstreak, Sleepy Duskywing, and Cobweb Skipper. Leader: Chris Williams, firstname.lastname@example.org
Help support NABA and our conservation work by becoming a member today! More importantly, your membership support helps NABA conserve butterflies and their habitats throughout North America, both by direct action, and by educating the public about the importance of butterflies and their habitats: https://membership.naba.org/
You’ll receive access to our gorgeous American Butterflies and Butterfly Gardener publications.
Note: We are unable to send publications and notices by mail outside of the United States; international members will want to choose the Digital Only option.
Additionally, all members receive:
- A welcome packet that includes a welcome letter and order form for past American Butterflies issues, so you won’t miss any of their fantastic content.
- The satisfaction that you are contributing to butterfly habitats and education!
If you choose a family membership, all immediate members of your family will be members of the North American Butterfly Association and receive all benefits of membership including supporting butterfly conservation and being able to attend biannual members meetings. Families are entitled to receive a single print copy of NABA publications per issue.
- Sunday, May 28, 2023 – Ronda G Spink – Allegan County, MI May 29, 2023Ronda G Spink Location: Allegan State Game Area Allegan County, MI Weather was mostly sunny - partly cloudy, 60°-81°, calm winds Survey time: 9:30am-4:30pm R. Spink and D. Dunlap Species Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (14) Spicebush Swallowtail (8) Cabbage White (1) Olympia Marble (1) American Copper (4) Purplish Copper (4) Frosted Elfin (1) Eastern Tailed-Blue (3) […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Sunday, May 28, 2023 – Bo Zaremba – Essex County, MA May 29, 2023Bo Zaremba Location: Maudslay State Park Essex County, MA Species Eastern Tiger Swallowtail (2) Clouded Sulphur (2) American Copper (2) Eastern Tailed-Blue (2) Spring Azure (2) Pearl Crescent (31) American Lady (1) Little Wood-Satyr (1) Common Ringlet (70) Indian Skipper (7) Peck's Skipper (1) Long Dash (29) Zabulon Skipper (2) Images Peck's Skipper Zabulon Skipper […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)
- Sunday, May 28, 2023 – Brian McGurgan – Anchorage Municipality, AK May 29, 2023Brian McGurgan Location: Far North Bicentennial Park, Basher Drive Trail (61.15065° N, 149.71233° W) Anchorage Municipality, AK Very cloudy with brief periods of sun, breezy and 51° from 3:30 to 5:15pm. It’s been cool, overcast, and rainy all week, so when the sunlight began breaking through the clouds this afternoon I rushed up to the […]North American Butterfly Association (moderator: Mike Reese)